I’ve migrated the WordPress blog to a Droplet (container) on DigitalOcean.com! Yay!
The Droplet is a one-click WordPress install, but with some additional ansible provisioning. This will keep the maintenance effort at minimal.
Moving all DNS to DO will be the next step.
Then I will fix letsencrypt/nginx reverse proxy and migrate the remaining few static sites to this setup, saving a few bucks.
Email me if you find any problems.
DNS are updating so a few known issues are:
– the illifpv.com is not working and in parked state = solved – the emillind.eu is also in parked state = solved
– Email to the site-domains (this emillind.se and the aliases) is not verified to work. = solved
Since the last time I posted anything RC-related I’ve been busy enjoying the hobby to the fullest. I’ve followed the quadcopter revolution. Or rather multicopter revolution to be more precise when including also the tricopters. Hopefully I will soon get to update this site with more information on all the builds I’ve done. I think it’s about 9 fully built 250-size quadcopters, 2 larger and one 250-size tricopter. #fpvaddict
But for now please checkout my FPV-instagram where I have posted updates on some of them.
I only flew a few moments, but man that was sweet. Unfortunately the camera stopped recording so my follow up flight didn’t stick. I was also flying on the yard and at close to sundown so I didn’t feel like pushing it further.
Hopefully I will soon have a lot more videos to post.
Mounted the servo gimbal today 🙂
I have no idea what I’m doing so do not repeat this setup. At least until I have tested it and have some footage to show. I built this mostly because it was not so expensive relative the brushless alternatives but also so that I would get some training on both building and inevitably crashing a gimbal. If possible I’m thinking I should try to make it work using a budget camera first. Like my 808#16 or maybe a Mobius or some other gear in that pricerange. Tips are welcome! Yes my thoughts where first to have it hanging under the tricopter but I wanted to try mounting it on top. It’s no biggie to change it later on if needed.
So here’s a video showing where I’m at. I have a long way before I can FPV on this…
Oh and on a sidenote, I ditched the (more) flimsy and sketchy looking front landing gears and made two more of the back model. They are not as forgiving but looks much better.
It’s all coming together! I had a little trouble there for a moment. Before flashing SimonK bs I couldn’t get my ESCs to fire up. I was probably doing something wrong but hey, I was going to flash the ESCs anyway. I use the KKflashtool on Linux with my 9X usbasp and the “HK atmel chip piggyback adapter tool”. Also showing in the beginning is my “FrankenCable” or HXT to JST adapter, connected to a “USBpower to header-pins “-cable fed with a 5V/1A poweradapter.
Tomorrow I hope to get some more stuff crossed off! Especially the servo for the motortilt… TBC…
Well things are coming together nicely. I finished attaching the last bulletconnectors (18!! solderings) needed for flight capable electrical system this Sunday. I still have a loooong list of things to be done but figured it was time to lay out all the parts to get a feel for how it will look and also a first notion as to how I will be able to route the cables. It looks as I will not need the extension cables for the ESCs after all, length of ESCs cables with connectors should suffice. Next up will probably be attaching the servo for the tilt. After that testing the ESCs and motors, reading up on SimonK programming ESCs then do that and also prepare by researching on setting up the KK2.0. and … tbc… 😉
So as you probably figured out by now if you have been following my progress on this project – I work on it when I feel like it with a goal to be finished around spring at the latest. That said I still work on it at least a couple of hours a week so even when I haven’t posted for a while (as now) rest assured, I’m still going for it.
I have finally finished the motormount-adapters…
…and have most recently begun the process of soldering bulletconnectors to the ESCs and motors. 6 down 18 to go…
I have bought a tilting mount for my new GoPro Hero+ Black.
And yesterday I got my Taranis radio with Frsky telemetry sensors.
I’m now also a happy owner of a Blade QX Nano quadcopter.
Expect some updates on all of them later on… or at least some photos and videos ;-).
Quick update! I had some hobby paint at home and since I already did file down the wood earlier after the sawing and I had the time – I went for it. Possibly the easiest step so far, painting the arms. I like to work with wood as a material. Much more pleasant than aluminum. Hey look another use of my Dremel workstation! Yey!