Today I made alot of progress and actually got to test my Tricopter out for the first time (video below).
Yesterday I finished attaching the servoarm to the tilt mechanism.
This is what I have done today:
– Finished attaching the tilting motor mount and servo.
– Mounted the KK2.0 foam box inside the Bat Bone and put the KK2.0 safely inside that.
– Built landing gears out of cheap plastic IKEA hangers and mounted them
– Attached the ESC:s to the arms using zip-ties
– Analyzed where the CG should be using some strings
– Attached the reciever and it’s antennas
– Connected the power distribution cables (this needs to be re-done, because it’s quite uggly)
And here is the test flight!
Well things are coming together nicely. I finished attaching the last bulletconnectors (18!! solderings) needed for flight capable electrical system this Sunday. I still have a loooong list of things to be done but figured it was time to lay out all the parts to get a feel for how it will look and also a first notion as to how I will be able to route the cables. It looks as I will not need the extension cables for the ESCs after all, length of ESCs cables with connectors should suffice. Next up will probably be attaching the servo for the tilt. After that testing the ESCs and motors, reading up on SimonK programming ESCs then do that and also prepare by researching on setting up the KK2.0. and … tbc… 😉